Friday 13 February 2015

Taken 3

Tak3n, taken, taken 3 Liam, Neeson, Liam neeson
Movie Poster

This week on MC's Film Critique I look at Taken 3, more like taken again?

I can't believe that this managed to become a trilogy. Taken has to be one of my favorite films ever, a high action, nail biting movie, that had you on the edge of your seat as Liam Neeson was a bad ass! Taken 3 still has him being a bad ass but, it does not have the same effect as the first film. In the first film it was unexpected, this film was trying too hard.

The biggest problem I had with this film was the motivation of the "bad" guy. Taken 2 was a stretch but at least it was logical. In this film he becomes a fugitive (not a spoiler it was in the trailer) not to mention that the trailer gives away most of the film anyways.

Tak3n, taken, taken 3 Liam, Neeson, Liam neeson
Liam Neeson
As a squeal this film is weak. People expect the film to be better than the first film. All this film does is tarnish the good name of Taken.

We learn a bit of back story (finally) about Liam Neeson's character Bryan. Although it was cooler when we didn't know anything about his past.

The elevator scene was the best part of the whole film. It's just too bad we didn't have more scenes like that one.

The acting was alright, the filming was good, the story line was weak. I would have liked to have seen more from the "bad guy", in terms of ambition and goals. I also do not find it believable that the actions of the bad guy would have gone unnoticed by Bryan. This whole "problem" in the film had no possible way of happening.

The film isn't bad, however it isn't good either. They should have stopped at Taken 2. I hope we don't see a taken 4 after this film.

I hope that Escapist does a review of this film, but the chances of that seem pretty slim at this point.

Badge: None

Rating: 6.4/10



4 comments:

  1. Sucks to hear you didn't enjoy the movie Martin! Hard to think Liam Neeson is in a bad movie. Regardless, I think I will still watch it just to judge for myself haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I did enjoy it however, it wasn't a very well made film. The actors look tired of it all lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen this one, but i agree with you- They probably should have just left it at the first one rather than milking it. Would have made a lot more sense.

    ReplyDelete